Midwifery at Roundhouse
Registered Midwives provide maternity care to pregnant women and their newborn babies from early pregnancy, during labour and birth, and until six weeks postpartum.What is Midwifery Care?
- Address your physical and emotional health during 30 min. appointments every 1-4 weeks.
- Provide standard prenatal testing and prescribe pregnancy-related medications as needed, and 24/7 on-call care for urgent concerns.
- Build a trusting relationship with you and support shared decision-making throughout your care.
- Support and monitor you and baby throughout labour.
- Help you deliver your baby in or out of hospital.
- Provide personalized care to meet your needs and facilitate an optimal birth.
- Provide frequent home visits for the first week after birth to support your recovery, ensure your baby is healthy, and assist with breastfeeding.
- See you every 1-2 weeks for follow-up in clinic until baby is six weeks old.
- Link you with community resources and specialist referrals to help you thrive as a new family.